Deadline: 21/12/2006, 11:59pm AEDT (12:59pm GMT)
- The file size of your archived (ZIP!) entry should not exceed 3mb (3145728 bytes)
- Your entry must either run inside the win32 environment natively from a .EXE or .COM file, OR run on an emulator in this environment.
- If your entry runs in an emulator, please include a configuration file for that emulator if possible. (eg. winuae or dosbox)
- Your entry must display something on the screen. (sound is optional)
- Your must include a 'file_id.diz' file inside your entry archive. Sample one here for the lazy/confused. We would like to display these next to the download link for each entry.
- Your production must not contain any copyrighted material that you do not have permission to use, and redistribute.
- You must give us the right to distribute your entry free of charge on the internet and/or CD-ROM. If we decide to upload your entry to scene.org, or anywhere else, you won't have problems with that.
- Your entry must not have been previously released.
- In your production, you must have "some" christmas related content. Mentioning that your demo/intro was part of this competition doesn't count. Since we don't want to limit your creativity, it can be a small part (an end screen, start screen, etc)
- You must reside somewhere on the planet Earth.
- In the unlikely event that there is a flood of entries, we will make a preselection. Aussie/Kiwi entries will get priority, since this compo is based in .au
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entry. We will give reasons if we do, though.
- NO SANTA PORN! =)
- Your entry must not rely on a network connection being present.
- If your entry writes to the hard drive, it must clean up after itself.
- Your entry will not leave any rubbish in the windows registry.
- If you're considering making a demo or intro for an emulated platform, please contact us so that we can provide links to emulators, etc, on the release date.
- If your file_id.diz doesn't mention your system requirements, it's effectively useless. Please don't forget them!
- Try to ensure your production's system requirements aren't "too high". People with all sorts of CPUs, graphics cards, etc, are going to try to watch your entry, and if it performs terribly, they aren't going to vote for you.
- Beware offensive content: We will disqualify an entry if it's too offensive. Offensive language is probably fine. Pornographic material should be avoided. Eel girl would get banned. Use your brain. If we could get arrested for distributing your stuff, we won't. mail us if you have any questions about this.
- It's always a good idea to include an "infofile" inside your entry archive, that way you can rant, apologise, whatever ;)
- Please ensure your entry is virus free. We will check them as well.